The active ingredient in Fuse for Surfaces is chlorine dioxide.
The Tristel Wipes System is a practical and highly effective way to decontaminate and disinfect non-lumened medical devices, including those that cannot be sterilised by heat. The System provides high-level disinfection in less than 2 minutes.
The Tristel Wipes System is suitable for use in hospitals, specialised clinics, GP practices, laboratories, dental practices and vet practices.
The Tristel Wipes System comprises three types of wipes:-
- Pre-Clean Wipe – First Step
Highly effective triple enzyme cleaning action makes the Tristel Pre-Clean Wipe ideal for preparation of instruments and medical devices prior to chemical disinfection.
- Sporicidal Wipe – Second Step
The Sporicidal Wipe incorporates Tristel’s patented chlorine dioxide chemistry. It can kill all organisms on a pre-cleaned surface, from which soil and organic matter have been removed, with a contact time of only 30 seconds.
- Rinse Wipe – Third Step
The Tristel Rinse Wipe is impregnated with deionised water and a low-level antioxidant which will remove and neutralise chemical residues from a surface that has been decontaminated.
Directions for use:
- Prepare the surface before using the Tristel Sporicidal Wipe. Tristel Pre-Clean Wipe could be used at this stage.
- Using the Tristel Sporicidal Wipe:-
- Put on gloves
- To dispense a wipe, take one sachet, tear and remove one wipe.
- Unfold the wipe and lay out on the palm of your hand.
- Take the lid off the Activator Foam bottle. If the foam bottle is being used for the first time, depress the pump two to four time to prime the foamer. The first output from the foam bottle can be left on the wipe, to be followed by two complete pumps. The foam bottle is then primed for subsequent wipes. For all subsequent wipes, pump two measures of Tristel Activator foam onto the wipe.
- Scrunch the wipe until it is covered with foam. The foam has a yellow colour. The wipe is white. When you have scrunched the wipe and covered it with foam wait 15 seconds.
- Wipe the surface until it has been covered with Tristel. All areas of the surface must come into contact with the wipe at least once.
- Once the entire surface has been wiped and covered with chlorine-dioxide, wait 30 seconds.
- h. Discard the wipe to clinical waste.
- Rinse the surface after use of the Tristel Sporicidal Wipe. The Tristel Rinse wipe which contains 5ml sterile water, could be used at this stage.
The Tristel Wipes System is available in the Tristel Trio Box. This is a compact pack providing an easily mobile staion holding all three Tristel Wipes. One Trio box delivers 25 procedures.
Do not use if the wipe sachet and/or foam bottle have been damaged.